Mr. Michael McCaul Invitation Letter
Mr. Michael McCaul, Chairman, House Committee on Homeland Security, Congressman, Texas' 10th District Invitation Letter
IQPC 2nd Annual Cyber Security for Oil and Gas Summit
The IQPC 2nd Annual Cyber Security for Oil and Gas Summit will bring together the oil and gas industry to address critical concerns and trends with regard to the development of cyber security threats. The complex nature of cyber attacks and those specifically levied against critical infrastructure such as the oil and gas industry necessitate a progressive approach in their detection and eradication.
The oil and gas industry will need to address these cyber threats to their organization's physical and digital assets, lest they be exploited. Exploitation of their assets through such attacks could arise on operational controls with attacks similar to Stuxnet as well as their commercial data through ransomware attacks that are becoming more prevalent like crypto-locker.
IQPC 2nd Annual Cyber Security for Oil and Gas Summit being held June 16-18, 2014 in Houston, TX will address the major cyber security issues facing the oil and gas industry as a whole and will provide a platform for IT and cyber security professionals to share their wisdom, experience, and thoughts on the future of this complex and often unknown threat to their enterprises.
Past Attendees have said:
“Excellent conference to bring oil and gas industry together and share cyber security issues and solutions”Patrick McNallen, Vice President, Elbit Systems
"A good introductory conference on the challenges of securing the oil and gas industry”William Morrow, CSO & VP Cyber Security, Smartronix
“Lots of things to think about in terms of espionage and advanced detection”Brian Mann, Automation Advisor, Anadarko Petroleum
Key Topics Being Covered:
- Live hacking demo to demonstrate defense-in-depth strategy and how to protect a Programmable Logic Control from a pivot attack
- Development of system architecture as a means to mitigate the risk of cyber intrusion and as a defense of critical network data
- Integrating the increasingly automated SCADA and ICS controls with IT and cyber security measures
- Employing risk analysis and management strategies for combating the prolonged effects of malicious entities that have been and still are accessing your systems
- Utilizing traffic capture analyses to identify, in real time, when and how malicious entities are gaining access to your systems
- Integrating operators in the field with the cyber security plans of the IT and cyber security departments