Developing Actionable Strategies to Combat the Mounting Cyber Risk to Critical Infrastructure
The 3rd Annual Cyber Security for Oil and Gas Summit is bringing together the oil and gas industry to address critical concerns and trends with regard to the development of cyber security practices. The complex nature of cyber attacks and those specifically levied against the oil and gas industry have been increasing over the years and while the industry is well prepared, continuous improvement is always necessary to maintain an edge on the nefarious actors working against the industry.
After a number of beneficial summits over the past two years, the 3rd Annual Cyber Security for Oil and Gas Summit being held June 22-24, 2015 in Houston, TX promises to be the next step in a highly advanced industry discussion on cyber security management & continuous improvement practices. Addressing the imperative objectives of oil and gas industry IT/cyber security groups this summit has historically brought together 100+ industry representatives in a closed forum that breeds constructive discussion of industry challenges, concerns, best practices and strategies for improving individual as well as industry-wide practices in the field of cyber security. With such a complex and challenging road ahead, can your corporate network and ICS security teams afford not to join the discussion?
Key Topics Being Covered:
- Live hacking demo to demonstrate defense-in-depth strategy and how to protect a Programmable Logic Control from a pivot attack
- Development of system architecture as a means to mitigate the risk of cyber intrusion and as a defense of critical network data
- Integrating the increasingly automated SCADA and ICS controls with IT and cyber security measures
- Employing risk analysis and management strategies for combating the prolonged effects of malicious entities that have been and still are accessing your systems
- Utilizing traffic capture analyses to identify, in real time, when and how malicious entities are gaining access to your systems
- Integrating operators in the field with the cyber security plans of the IT and cyber security departments
Past Attendees have said:
"Excellent conference to bring oil and gas industry together and share cyber security issues and solutions" - Patrick McNallen, Vice President, Elbit Systems
"A good introductory conference on the challenges of securing the oil and gas industry" - William Morrow, CSO & VP Cyber Security, Smartronix
"Lots of things to think about in terms of espionage and advanced detection" - Brian Mann, Automation Advisor, Anadarko Petroleum
“This was a well-planned, high educational value conference.” - Paul Williams, CTO, White Badger Group
“Getting to meet peers in infosec from o&g industry.” - Jason Blumenauer, Director of Security, Cardinal Health